Monday 2 June 2014

Mustard seed Faith

The star magnolia was in full bloom today, almost angelic like, pointing its pure white face heaven ward.
I had the privilege of knowing her for a very short time. I wished there could have been more time. Sickness has robbed us of this.
It’s very rare in one’s lifetime, I think, that you get an opportunity to meet someone that could impact your life as she has mine. Those few times. The words exchanged. That faith, like a mustard seed, yet hers was a whole lot bigger.
As we held hands, tears exchanged. She knowing that time left on earth would be short. I witnessed a lady of great faith and trust in her Lord. She lay in pain yet didn’t want to complain; others were in worse pain.
There was no anger, yet concern for her loved ones that she would leave behind. She laid there in complete trust.
We are in a battle with this right now in our lives. This year that has been thrown at us, it’s not an easy ride. All the time demands, working 55-60 hours a week, exhaustion, a nocturnal husband, fighting just to find time as a couple. Drowning as the waves of life engulf us.
Her timing was precise for my life. How I need to apply her lessons into my life.
“I have complete trust in HIM, Lisa. He told me HE would be with me on this journey to the end.”
Hasn’t He told each of us this?  To “trust HIM” and that HE would be with us, even in those hard times?
There’s a rejoicing going on in heaven right now. But your legacy will stay with us.

I have been so blessed by the short time we’ve had. It has been an honor my friend.  Till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment