Tuesday 14 January 2014

The Opportunity Store
We are ready to take on another adventure.
We knew it was coming and have known for the past 8 months.
The New Year has come!
We had been praying and praying that somehow a miracle would happen, that there would be a change. I just wasn’t seeing an end in sight. My husband is starting straight overnights for a year and we had hoped and prayed that somehow this would change. We had also been dealing with a lot of personal disappointments and questions.
This past week I was thinking of how God delivered Abraham at the last second as he was about to sacrifice his only son. I had seen God do this before.  Would he do this again?
Well, he did but not the way I wanted it to be.
It was a Friday night and the last child was waiting to be picked up. The child and I were sharing. The child then went into this story about a date with her mommy and it took place at “The Opportunity Store.” The whole story was really cute. But the part that spoke to me was the opportunity store.
That’s it!
Was I dreading going into 2014? Our world was about to be turned upside down again. With the daycare now filled with little ones, how are we going to do this?
Yes, we still question all this!
But, could this be the year for a date at “The Opportunity Store.” In this coming upside down year, could I, could we use it as our year of opportunity?
Life will be changing and I have to believe that our life is in HIS hands. He has it all worked out. I just can’t see the end yet.
After my husband and I spent this past weekend off cocooning before the change, it occurred to me that I may just have to find some creative ways this year to have an affair with him J.
Now, we are looking ahead to the year of 2014 as a year of opportunities. Being thankful that even out of the mouths of babes, blessings can come!

And my husband’s excitement is mounting because he feels he won’t have to make the bed for a year now. Seeing as when I get up he will be going to bed and as I go to bed he will be getting up.  I really hate to disappoint him……..

No comments:

Post a Comment