Wednesday 14 May 2014

First Time For Everything
Date night. This is happening way too few times these days. Crazy work life. My husband and I had a beautiful dinner at home. He then suggested that we go to Starbucks for dessert. We were still walking around in a daze; empty nest syndrome. This big hole left after parenting for thirty years.
Now remember I’m a close observer of people.  My husband and I were enjoying each other’s company, when a couple came in probably a little older than us. As the woman walked through the doors, she stopped and took a deep breath, commenting on how it smelled so good. Then I watched as they went up to the counter with excitement, looking at the display counter with “Oohs and aahs.”
 They informed the barista that this was their first time. That they didn’t get out much with the kids. My fun was watching their excitement and how they lovingly took each other to a table. They were experiencing that very first taste, savoring those first sips of their drinks. Then romantically the husband cut each treat in half, and fed his wife her half. My husband was laughing at me, as I was calling out, oh, so romantic! Pleasure!!!

This made me think of how I first felt after accepting the Lord. Experiencing that same romance as I entered with excitement and savored that which is good. How over time we can let this go. Forgetting all those firsts. As my day starts, I pray that I will take in the sips and savor all that the Lord has for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment